- Arrive at the assigned time. Generally, we have allowed 60 minutes before your procedure is scheduled to start. This allows us time to prepare you for your procedure and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Please limit the number of people accompany you to the Center. To maximize the comfort of all visitors, we request that adult patients are accompanied by only one person. However, we do encourage both parents of the pediatric patient to come to the center.
- Arrange for an adult to bring you to the Center, and to be here to listen to the post surgery instructions. Because of the medications you will receive, your memory may be affected for several hours.
- It is best for a family member or designated adult to be present but if the needs arises and this person must leave the building while you are in surgery, please be sure we have a working phone number where he/she can be reached at all times, and let the front office staff know they are leaving.
- As an average, most patients will be here at least three hours – including the hour preparation time, the time for the procedure, and recovery time. This can vary depending on the length of time for your procedure, recovery, and if there have been any delays before you. We will do our best to keep your family informed and appreciate your patience.
NOTICE TO PATIENTS: This is to inform you that certain physicians performing procedures at Tampa Eye and Specialty Surgery Center have a Partnership with the Facility. If you have any specific questions regarding this, you may ask us or your physician.